The Sioux Falls Sports Authority to hire a Project Director.
About the Sioux Falls Sports Authority: The Sioux Falls Sports Authority was formed in 2006 by community leaders to recruit major sporting events to the Sioux Falls area. The organization has hosted the Summit League Basketball Championships since 2009, the Sioux Falls Marathon since 2010 and numerous NCAA Championships.
Responsibilities: The Project Director will assist in managing all Sioux Falls Sports Authority events, with emphasis on the Sioux Falls Marathon. This includes, but is not limited to, on-site event management, web site management, and sponsorship procurement. A primary responsibility will be to manage and coordinate volunteers for all events.
· Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree a plus.
· Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi tasking environment and with numerous deadlines.
· Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated history for accuracy and thoroughness.
· Proven ability to take direction and input and to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve the organizations goals.
· Strong work ethic
· Experience with web site management systems and graphic software.
· General knowledge of social media best practices.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Must have a flexible work schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Location: Sioux Falls, S.D.
Start Date: August 1, 2017
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: July 7, 2017
Send letter of
application along with resume and 3 references to:
Sioux Falls Sports Authority
c/o Selection Committee
200 N. Phillips Ave. Suite 304
Sioux Falls, S.D. 57104
Electronic submission preferred.